Canada is a leader in the fight for equal rights of 2SLGBTQI people. Yet when it comes to queer entertainment, there is a stark void. We see that void as our opportunity to support this underserved audience while utilizing exceptional Canadian queer talent. Content created under The Bow umbrella will be easily accessible to everyone, creating a safe space for audiences to connect with the content while organically raising positive brand awareness for the content's corporate partners.
Did you know that only a handful of executives manage over 90% of the media we consume today? While mainstream media is becoming more accepting, the vast majority of 2SLGBTQI+ focused content is hyper-sexualized. This one dimensional read on the queer experience depicts a narrow perspective and creates a platform that is much less approachable to name brands. If what happens behind closed bedroom doors constitutes 5% of the queer experience, we want to showcase the other 95%.
Corporations are now personifying themselves to a point where the public can’t dissociate the product from the brand identity. The modern consumer is well informed and the current social climate is calling for big brands to show true allyship in constructive and meaningful ways.
The Bow is paving the way to a better future for the next generation. We believe that the only cure for homophobia is education. At The Bow, we are using storytelling as a medium for education to help normalize this innately human experience. Beyond our programming, we have made it a priority to establish The Bow platform as a resource in the space. From interactive mental health content, to trusted community resources, to a safe virtual discourse, you will find it all on The Bow.
Our team is dedicated to establishing Canada as a major player in the global media industry. American productions often film in Canada, however they bring their above-the-line artists with them. We want to continue to grow our already thriving film industry, providing jobs for an additional 5,000+ Canadians, while also rethinking what it means to be a filmmaker in Canada. We want to give creative freedom to Canadians to tell our stories, by ensuring department heads are strictly Canadian throughout every phase of production.